Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The beginnings of Park Street Church date to 1804 when a "Religious Improvement Society" began holding weekly lectures and prayer meetings in Boston. Collection includes vital statistics, church records, Park Street Society and financial records, voluntary organizations, historical materials, Shawmut Church records.
Dates: 1804-1976, 2009
Abstract Stearns Chapel was erected in 1863 and was located on Harvard Street, near Windsor; it was designed primarily as a Mission Sabbath School and operated for a number of years by the First and Second Congregational, Baptist and Methodist churches. The name was changed to Pilgrim Congregational Church of Cambridgeport in 1871. The collection includes church records, financial records, ministers’ records, membership records, auxiliary group records, historical information, orders of service and...
Abstract The Calvinistic Congregational Church of Fitchburg, Massachusetts, was formally gathered as the Calvinistic Congregational Society on June 14, 1805. The first meeting house was built in 1806, the second in 1845, and the third, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in 1897. The church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961. In 1967, the church joined with the First Methodist Church of Fitchburg to form the Faith United Parish. This collection documents the history and...
Abstract The Second Church of Wrentham, also known as the West Parish Church, was established in 1738. When the West Precinct of Wrentham separated from Wrentham and incorporated as Franklin in 1778, the West Parish Church was renamed the First Congregational Church of Franklin. Included within the collection are meeting minutes, committee reports, society records, and vital records.
Abstract Griggsville Congregational Church was originally formed in 1834. In 1837 they merged with the Griggsville Union Church, retaining the Griggsville Congregational Church name. The combined church remained in operation until it officially closed in 1948. This collection contains information related to the Griggsville Congregational Church. Included is meeting minutes from organizations like the Ladies Benevolent Society, Cree Missionary Society, Congregational Society, Young People’s Society of...
Abstract The roots of the United Church of Jaffrey start in 1850 when 23 members of Jaffrey's First Congregational Church established Jaffrey East Orthodox Congregational Church, erecting a meeting-house the same year. The United Church records document the history and life of the church, including reports, meeting minutes, vital statistics, financial information, church bulletins, auxiliary groups, correspondence, and property deeds. Records are fragmentary and incomplete.
Abstract The First Congregational Church of Jamestown first gathered in 1816. They would join the Presbyterian Church from 1818 until 1835. From then on, they were members of Congregationalist Church and also became a member of the UCC. Starting September 1, 2015 the church no longer gathered in its original location, instead holding joint services alongside Pilgrim Memorial UCC, also located in Jamestown. This collection contains numerous records from the First Congregational Church of Jamestown. This...
Abstract The Union Congregational Church was Maynard’s first parish. It was first founded on July 23, 1850 as the Evangelical Union Society. Its creation formed when eight members of the community met at the newly built railroad station and voted to organize a Sunday School. Amory Maynard was the first Superintendent. The Evangelical Union Society was incorporated in 1852 with the first parish being called the Union Church. On August 10, 1927, a constitution and bylaws were adopted and the church...
Abstract The First Congregational Church of Middleboro was first organized on December 26, 1694 and Samuel Fuller was ordained as the first minister. The First meeting house had been constructed previously in 1680 and the second was constructed in 1701. Ecclesiastical differences between competing factions resulted in the congregation splitting and the third meeting house being constructed in 1745. The congregation remerged in 1754. The fourth and present meeting house was built in 1828. The...
Plaistow, N.H. Proprietors of the New Congregational Meeting House record book, 1837-1870. : [manuscript]