Church architecture -- Designs and plans.
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Pleasant Street Congregational Church was organized in December 1842, as the Orthodox Congregational Church of West Cambridge. Many of the original members of the Orthodox Congregational Church had been members of the First Congregational Church in Arlington but left when the church turned Unitarian in 1828. Between 1940 and 1953, Orthodox Congregational Church was renamed Pleasant Street Congregational Church. The church would officially close its doors in early 2011. This collection contains...
Abstract The Third Congregational Church of Marblehead, also known as the South Church, was established in 1858 by 49 former members of the First Congregational Church in Marblehead. In 1860, the South Church building was dedicated and in 1864, the first minister of the Third Church, Rev. T. D. P. Stone, was installed. The church remained active until 1877 when a fire completely destroyed the church building. Included in the records are meeting minutes, copies of official communications, financial...
Abstract The First Parish Church was organized in 1666. Shortly after the formation of the First Congregational Evangelical Society in 1833, members of the First Church voted to worship with this society, and in 1835 the First Parish and the First Evangelical Congregational Society were incorporated as the Union Society. The church was renamed the Union Church in Marlborough to reflect this new merger, and was most recently renamed in 1913 as First Church. The First Congregational Church in Marlborough...
Abstract The Union Congregational Church was Maynard’s first parish. It was first founded on July 23, 1850 as the Evangelical Union Society. Its creation formed when eight members of the community met at the newly built railroad station and voted to organize a Sunday School. Amory Maynard was the first Superintendent. The Evangelical Union Society was incorporated in 1852 with the first parish being called the Union Church. On August 10, 1927, a constitution and bylaws were adopted and the church...
Dates: 1822, 1840-1971, 1981, bulk 1950-1960s
Abstract The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls began as the South Society in South Hadley when, in February of 1824, the population removed from the center of South Hadley felt they needed a more conveniently located church. Later that year, the Society united in a church organization called The South Church of Christ in South Hadley. The church did not become known as The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls until 1918. The congregation voted to close in 2012 due to declining...