Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Here are entered works on prospective and actual mergers within and across denominational lines.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Haverhill was first settled by Puritans in 1640. Rev. John Ward was officially installed as the pastor of the First Parish in 1645 and the first meeting house was constructed in 1648. The second meeting house was completed in 1699 and the third was completed in 1766. In 1833 the First Parish became Unitarian and the Congregationalist dissenters formed the Independent Congregational Church and Society which was later renamed to the Centre Congregational Church and Society. In 1859 a large group...
Abstract The roots of the United Church of Jaffrey start in 1850 when 23 members of Jaffrey's First Congregational Church established Jaffrey East Orthodox Congregational Church, erecting a meeting-house the same year. The United Church records document the history and life of the church, including reports, meeting minutes, vital statistics, financial information, church bulletins, auxiliary groups, correspondence, and property deeds. Records are fragmentary and incomplete.