Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

Grafton, Mass. Evangelical Congregational Church records, 1731-1849.

 Collection
Identifier: RG4921
Abstract The Congregational Church of Grafton traces its roots back to a church established in 1671 in what was then known as Hassanamisco Plantation (now Hassanamesit Reservation). In 1731 the body that would become known as the Congregational Church of Grafton was gathered, and four years later the town of Grafton was founded. The collection contains records of vital statistics, church membership, ordination, ecclesiastical councils, church meetings, and correspondence.

Jaffrey, N.H. United Church of Jaffrey records, 1827-1980.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0106
Abstract The roots of the United Church of Jaffrey start in 1850 when 23 members of Jaffrey's First Congregational Church established Jaffrey East Orthodox Congregational Church, erecting a meeting-house the same year. The United Church records document the history and life of the church, including reports, meeting minutes, vital statistics, financial information, church bulletins, auxiliary groups, correspondence, and property deeds. Records are fragmentary and incomplete.

Lancaster, Mass. First Congregational Church records, 1708-1846.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5329
Overview The town of Lancaster and the First Congregational Church in Lancaster were established on November 28, 1653. The first and second meeting houses both were destroyed during Native American raids as part of larger geopolitical movements. The third meeting house was constructed in 1706 and the fourth in 1743. During Rev. Timothy Thayer time as minister, the church adopted Unitarian tenants and the fifth meeting house, designed by Charles Bulfinch, was constructed. In 1970 the church joined the...

Marlborough, Mass. First Church records, 1704-2002.

 Collection
Identifier: RG1358
Abstract The First Parish Church was organized in 1666. Shortly after the formation of the First Congregational Evangelical Society in 1833, members of the First Church voted to worship with this society, and in 1835 the First Parish and the First Evangelical Congregational Society were incorporated as the Union Society. The church was renamed the Union Church in Marlborough to reflect this new merger, and was most recently renamed in 1913 as First Church. The First Congregational Church in Marlborough...