Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Cambridge, Massachusetts, was fist settled in 1630 and the first meeting house was erected in 1632. Public worship began in 1633 with Thomas Hooker and the First Church of Cambridge was formally established in 1636 with Thomas Shepard as the first minister. In 1650, 1706, and 1757 the second, third, and fourth meeting houses were constructed. The Parish split in 1829 between Unitarians and traditional Congregationalists after the parish severed its contract with Abiel Holmes over his refusal to...
Scope and Contents Records in this collection include administrative records Council for Social Action committees and subcommittees, including minutes, policy statements, reports and correspondence. Information and correspondence related to the opposition to the CSA is also included. The collection also contains a large amount of published and unpublished material concerning the issues which the CSA hoped to address. Additionally it includes some photographic documentation of CSA activities.
Abstract Founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1817, the Graham Society was an all-female benevolent society that provided clothing to students and seminaries at the Phillips Academy and Andover Theological Seminary, both in Andover, Massachusetts. The Graham Society records include the official records of the society, including founding documents, meeting minutes, and officer lists, membership lists, member donation records, and correspondence with an Amherst sewing circle.
Collection — Folder: 1
Overview The Maine State Sunday School Assocation included several denominations. This volume contains annual report statistical information and the names of individiual denominations of schools; pastors; superintendents; secretaries; treasurers; membership.
- Subject: Fraternal organizations X
- Adams, Nehemiah, 1806-1878 1
- Albro, John A. (John Adams), 1799-1866 1
- Appleton, Nathaniel, 1693-1784 1
- Boston Seaman's Friend Society. 1
- Brattle, William, 1662-1717 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) 1
- City Mission Society (Boston Mass.) 1
- Congregational Churches. 1
- First Church (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States. Council for Social Action 1
- Gibbons, Ray 1
- Graham Society 1
- Hilliard, Timothy, 1747-1790 1
- Holmes, Abiel, 1763-1837 1
- Huntington, Joshua 1
- Maine State Sunday School Association 1
- McKenzie, Alexander, 1830-1914 1
- Salisbury, Josiah. 1
- The Boston Society for the Moral and Religious Instruction for the Poor. 1
- Thurston, William. 1
- Vose, Thomas. 1 ∧ less