Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract The American Committee for Relief in the Near East, formerly American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief, was officially established in 1915, with operations through 1930. Its main objectives included fund raising and providing humanitarian relief through the establishment of hospitals, clinics, orphanages and other initiatives (information obtained from the Armenian National Institute website). This collection documents the experiences of missionaries and natives during war...
Abstract Fourth Congregational Church of Chicago traces its origins back to a Congregational Sunday school which started in 1867 and met in a blacksmith shop. From this Sunday school sprang three churches, Grace, Cortland Street, and Maplewood. These three churches merged in 1916 and took the name Fourth Church. The records include finances, youth education and outreach, membership records, correspondence, reports, and church newsletters.
Abstract The roots of the United Church of Jaffrey start in 1850 when 23 members of Jaffrey's First Congregational Church established Jaffrey East Orthodox Congregational Church, erecting a meeting-house the same year. The United Church records document the history and life of the church, including reports, meeting minutes, vital statistics, financial information, church bulletins, auxiliary groups, correspondence, and property deeds. Records are fragmentary and incomplete.
Abstract The First Parish Church was organized in 1666. Shortly after the formation of the First Congregational Evangelical Society in 1833, members of the First Church voted to worship with this society, and in 1835 the First Parish and the First Evangelical Congregational Society were incorporated as the Union Society. The church was renamed the Union Church in Marlborough to reflect this new merger, and was most recently renamed in 1913 as First Church. The First Congregational Church in Marlborough...
Overview Reverend Robert Henry Davis was born in Frederica, Delaware on August 28, 1944. He graduated with a B.A. and M.A. from Amherst College and Bangor Seminary in 1871. He would be offically ordained in 1872. In 1878 he went to work in Japan as a foerign missionary. He would be there for 8 years until returning hope in December of 1886. Afterwords, he worked as the pastor of North Conway, New Hampshire. He would spend his last years of life living with his wife in Olivet, Michigan. He would die...
Abstract The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls began as the South Society in South Hadley when, in February of 1824, the population removed from the center of South Hadley felt they needed a more conveniently located church. Later that year, the Society united in a church organization called The South Church of Christ in South Hadley. The church did not become known as The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls until 1918. The congregation voted to close in 2012 due to declining...
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. Japan Mission 1
- American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief. 1
- American Committee for Relief in the Near East 1
- Breck, Robert, 1682-1731 1
- Bucklin, Sylvester F. (Sylvester Fuller), 1784-1860 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Congregational Church and Society of South Hadley Falls (South Hadley, Mass.) 1
- Congregational Church in South Hadley Falls (South Hadley, Mass.) 1
- Cortland Street Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- East Congregational Church (Jaffrey, N.H.) 1
- Federated Church (Jaffrey, N.H.) 1
- Field, Levi A. (Levi Alpheus), 1821-1859 1
- First Baptist Church (Jaffrey, N.H.) 1
- First Church in Marlborough (Congregational) (Marlborough, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Marlborough, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church in South Hadley Falls (South Hadley, Mass.) 1
- First Evangelical Congregational Society (Marlborough, Mass.) 1
- Fourth Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Goodhue, John N. (John Northend), 1810-1839 1
- Grace Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Jaffrey (N.H.) 1
- Maplewood Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Marlborough (Mass.) 1
- Near East Foundation 1
- Near East Relief (Organization) 1
- Ogden, David L. (David Longworth), 1792-1863 1
- Packard, Asa, 1758-1843 1
- South Church of Christ in South Hadley (South Hadley, Mass.) 1
- South Hadley (Mass.) 1
- South Society in South Hadley (South Hadley, Mass.) 1
- Union Congregational Church (Marlborough, Mass.) 1
- Union Society of Marlborough (Marlborough, Mass.) 1
- United Church of Jaffrey (Jaffrey, N.H.) 1
- Universalist Church (Jaffrey, N.H.) 1 ∧ less