Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6

American Committee for Relief in the Near East records, 1891-1979.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5334
Abstract The American Committee for Relief in the Near East, formerly American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief, was officially established in 1915, with operations through 1930. Its main objectives included fund raising and providing humanitarian relief through the establishment of hospitals, clinics, orphanages and other initiatives (information obtained from the Armenian National Institute website). This collection documents the experiences of missionaries and natives during war...

Chicago, Ill. Fourth Congregational Church records, 1893-1992.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5135
Abstract Fourth Congregational Church of Chicago traces its origins back to a Congregational Sunday school which started in 1867 and met in a blacksmith shop. From this Sunday school sprang three churches, Grace, Cortland Street, and Maplewood. These three churches merged in 1916 and took the name Fourth Church. The records include finances, youth education and outreach, membership records, correspondence, reports, and church newsletters.

Jaffrey, N.H. United Church of Jaffrey records, 1827-1980.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0106
Abstract The roots of the United Church of Jaffrey start in 1850 when 23 members of Jaffrey's First Congregational Church established Jaffrey East Orthodox Congregational Church, erecting a meeting-house the same year. The United Church records document the history and life of the church, including reports, meeting minutes, vital statistics, financial information, church bulletins, auxiliary groups, correspondence, and property deeds. Records are fragmentary and incomplete.

Marlborough, Mass. First Church records, 1704-2002.

 Collection
Identifier: RG1358
Abstract The First Parish Church was organized in 1666. Shortly after the formation of the First Congregational Evangelical Society in 1833, members of the First Church voted to worship with this society, and in 1835 the First Parish and the First Evangelical Congregational Society were incorporated as the Union Society. The church was renamed the Union Church in Marlborough to reflect this new merger, and was most recently renamed in 1913 as First Church. The First Congregational Church in Marlborough...

Robert Henry Davis's Collection of papers, 1861-1910.

 Collection
Identifier: MS5280
Overview Reverend Robert Henry Davis was born in Frederica, Delaware on August 28, 1944. He graduated with a B.A. and M.A. from Amherst College and Bangor Seminary in 1871. He would be offically ordained in 1872. In 1878 he went to work in Japan as a foerign missionary. He would be there for 8 years until returning hope in December of 1886. Afterwords, he worked as the pastor of North Conway, New Hampshire. He would spend his last years of life living with his wife in Olivet, Michigan. He would die...

South Hadley, Mass. Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls records, 1824-2012.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5052
Abstract The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls began as the South Society in South Hadley when, in February of 1824, the population removed from the center of South Hadley felt they needed a more conveniently located church. Later that year, the Society united in a church organization called The South Church of Christ in South Hadley. The church did not become known as The Congregational Church of South Hadley Falls until 1918. The congregation voted to close in 2012 due to declining...

Filtered By

  • Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Names
American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. Japan Mission 1
American Committee for Armenian and Syrian Relief. 1
American Committee for Relief in the Near East 1
Breck, Robert, 1682-1731 1
Bucklin, Sylvester F. (Sylvester Fuller), 1784-1860 1