Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The town of Stoneham was incorporated in 1725. A vote in 1726 provided for the building of a meetinghouse and the First Congregational Church was organized in 1729. The first pastor was Rev. James Osgood who was ordained in September 1729. Rev. John Cleaveland was pastor from 1785 until an ecclesiastical council dissolved his relationship with the town in 1894. The second meeting house was constructed in 1803 and the third in 1840. This collection contains the early records the Church. Included...
Overview Rev. William Allen Hallock was born in Plainfield, Mass., in 1794. William would graduate from Williams College at the age of 25 and in 1819 he would enter Andover Theological Seminary. Upon graduation, he was approached by Dr. Justin Edwards of the New England Tract Society. William’s work as an agent for the New England Tract Society sent him across the states, visiting various towns in order to sell tracts and memberships. Following the formation of the new American Tract Society, William...