Baptism and church membership.
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The First Congregational Church in Georgetown was originally established in 1731 as Rowley West Parish. When the town of Georgetown was incorporated in 1838, the Rowley West Parish was renamed to the First Congregational Church of Georgetown. The collection includes meeting minutes, financial records and valuable vital records.
Abstract Parish organized in 1725; church founded in 1726 as Second Church of Christ in Amesbury, Mass. Merrimac separated from Amesbury in 1876 and in 1879 the church became the First Congregational Church, popularly known as Pilgrim Congregational Church. In 1879 the First Orthodox Congregational Society was incorporated, replacing the earlier West Parish Congregational Society. The First Orthodox Congregational Church of Merrimac was incorporated in 1894 and the First Orthodox Congregational Society...
Abstract The Second Church of Christ in Reading was gathered on June 29, 1720 with 39 founding members. The first pastor was Rev. Daniel Putnam who served until his death on June 20, 1759. He was followed by Rev. Eliab Stone who became the pastor in 1761 and also served until his death in 1822. Religious disagreements led to a split during the 1830s and in 1892 the Congregationalists and Methodists merged to form the Union Congregational Church of North Reading, which continues to serve the community...
Abstract The town of Stoneham was incorporated in 1725. A vote in 1726 provided for the building of a meetinghouse and the First Congregational Church was organized in 1729. The first pastor was Rev. James Osgood who was ordained in September 1729. Rev. John Cleaveland was pastor from 1785 until an ecclesiastical council dissolved his relationship with the town in 1894. The second meeting house was constructed in 1803 and the third in 1840. This collection contains the early records the Church. Included...