Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Cambridge, Mass. Pilgrim Congregational Church of Cambridgeport records, 1863-1992.

 Collection
Identifier: RG2350
Abstract Stearns Chapel was erected in 1863 and was located on Harvard Street, near Windsor; it was designed primarily as a Mission Sabbath School and operated for a number of years by the First and Second Congregational, Baptist and Methodist churches. The name was changed to Pilgrim Congregational Church of Cambridgeport in 1871. The collection includes church records, financial records, ministers’ records, membership records, auxiliary group records, historical information, orders of service and...

John Rogers papers, 1689-1714, undated.

 Collection
Identifier: MS0153
Overview John Rogers was born on July 7, 1666. He graduated from Harvard College in 1684. In October of 1692, he was ordained as the junior minister of the First Church in Ipswich; he officially became minister of the church in 1704. He served as minister until his death in 1745. This collection includes manuscript sermons written by John Rogers, a courtship proposal written by John Wise, and John Rogers' final Will and Testament.

Marblehead, Mass. Old North Church records, 1684-1866.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5043
Abstract The First Church of Christ of Marblehead was established on August 13, 1684 and Rev. Samuel Cheever was ordained the first minister. The first meeting house was built atop Old Burial Hill in 1638 and the second meeting house was constructed 1695. The third, and final, meeting house, built of stone, was constructed in 1824. Disagreements over the appointment of ministers led to the establishment of the Second Church in 1716 and the Third Church in 1858. Now known as the Old North Church, the...

Merrimac, Mass. Pilgrim Congregational Church records, 1725-1900.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0123
Abstract Parish organized in 1725; church founded in 1726 as Second Church of Christ in Amesbury, Mass. Merrimac separated from Amesbury in 1876 and in 1879 the church became the First Congregational Church, popularly known as Pilgrim Congregational Church. In 1879 the First Orthodox Congregational Society was incorporated, replacing the earlier West Parish Congregational Society. The First Orthodox Congregational Church of Merrimac was incorporated in 1894 and the First Orthodox Congregational Society...