Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8

Congregational Christian Churches, Council for Social Action Records, 1937-1963.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0057
Scope and Contents Records in this collection include administrative records Council for Social Action committees and subcommittees, including minutes, policy statements, reports and correspondence. Information and correspondence related to the opposition to the CSA is also included. The collection also contains a large amount of published and unpublished material concerning the issues which the CSA hoped to address. Additionally it includes some photographic documentation of CSA activities.

Massachusetts Conference Collection records, 1722-2012.

 Record Group
Identifier: RG5335
Overview The Massachusetts Conference, United Church of Christ, began as a series of independent regional ministers’ associations. Originally these groups met to discuss matters of theology. This record group is comprised of collections that had been seprately organized and described within the Congregational Library & Archives and now is an intentional collection that fall under the umbrella of the Massachusetts Conference.

Merom Institute records, 1935-1973.

 Collection
Identifier: RG4993
Overview The Merom Institute was founded in 1936 as a Protestant ecumenical religious center offering a camp, seminars, lectures and various community activities. Located in Merom, Indiana it was the site of the previously closed Union Christian College. The Merom Institute was renamed the Merom Conference Center sometime in the late 1970s when it was taken over as a ministry of the Indiana-Kentucky UCC Conference. Arthur E. Holt, President of Chicago Theological Seminary in the 1930s, was an...

Minister's Club records, 1870-1976.

 Series
Identifier: RG5375
Overview The Minister's Club, founded in 1870 was a club with a similar objective. A member later likened it to the English "Metaphysical Society" though it was more long lived. Meeting format consisted of read essays and discussion and the location of meetings were often hosted by members at their own residences. This collection contains meeting minutes, a historical sketch and various articles related to the Minister's Club.

Pilgrim Club records, 1906-1955.

 Series
Identifier: RG5376
Overview The Pilgrim Club was a dining club, composed again mainly of clergy. It was founded in 1906 in the Boston area. This collection contains meeting minutes, membership and notes.