Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents Records in this collection include administrative records Council for Social Action committees and subcommittees, including minutes, policy statements, reports and correspondence. Information and correspondence related to the opposition to the CSA is also included. The collection also contains a large amount of published and unpublished material concerning the issues which the CSA hoped to address. Additionally it includes some photographic documentation of CSA activities.
Overview The Massachusetts Conference, United Church of Christ, began as a series of independent regional ministers’ associations. Originally these groups met to discuss matters of theology. This record group is comprised of collections that had been seprately organized and described within the Congregational Library & Archives and now is an intentional collection that fall under the umbrella of the Massachusetts Conference.
Overview The Merom Institute was founded in 1936 as a Protestant ecumenical religious center offering a camp, seminars, lectures and various community activities. Located in Merom, Indiana it was the site of the previously closed Union Christian College. The Merom Institute was renamed the Merom Conference Center sometime in the late 1970s when it was taken over as a ministry of the Indiana-Kentucky UCC Conference. Arthur E. Holt, President of Chicago Theological Seminary in the 1930s, was an...
Overview The Minister's Club, founded in 1870 was a club with a similar objective. A member later likened it to the English "Metaphysical Society" though it was more long lived. Meeting format consisted of read essays and discussion and the location of meetings were often hosted by members at their own residences. This collection contains meeting minutes, a historical sketch and various articles related to the Minister's Club.
- Subject: Religious institutions X
- Congregational Conference of Ohio. 2
- Chicago Theological Seminary 1
- Congregational Association of Ohio. 1
- Congregational Churches. 1
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States. Council for Social Action 1
- Gibbons, Ray 1
- Holt, Arthur E. (Arthur Erastus), 1876-1942 1
- Massachusetts Congregational Conference and Missionary Society. 1
- Massachusetts Congregational Conference. 1
- McGiffert, Arthur Cushman, Jr., 1892-1993 1
- Merom Conference Center 1
- Miami Association of Congregational Churches and Ministers (Ohio) 1
- Miami Conference of Congregational Churches (Ohio) 1
- Middlesex Mendon Association. 1
- Middlesex South Association. 1
- Middlesex South Ministerial Association. 1
- Minister's Club (Boston, Mass.) 1
- National Council of Congregational Churches of the United States 1
- Ohio Conference of Congregational Christian Churches. 1
- Ohio Congregational Convention. 1
- Pilgrim Club (Boston, Mass.) 1
- South Middlesex Conference of Churches. 1
- Union Christian College (Merom, Ind.) 1
- United Church of Christ 1
- United Church of Christ. Ohio Conference. 1 ∧ less