Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Pleasant Street Congregational Church was organized in December 1842, as the Orthodox Congregational Church of West Cambridge. Many of the original members of the Orthodox Congregational Church had been members of the First Congregational Church in Arlington but left when the church turned Unitarian in 1828. Between 1940 and 1953, Orthodox Congregational Church was renamed Pleasant Street Congregational Church. The church would officially close its doors in early 2011. This collection contains...
Overview In 1908, a group of men and women gathered together in the home of Christian Poock to form what would become St. Luke's. The next year, St. Lukes officially had its first pastor, Reverand F. A. Meusch. That year they also became a member of the German Evangelical Synod of North America. In 1955 the church offically joined the United Church of Christ. They continued to function and provide community and spirtiual outreach until it was decided that the church was no longer able to function. The...
- Subject: Obituaries X