Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract The First Congregational Church of Harwich, Massachusetts, was founded in 1747 when the town of Harwich was split into the North and South Parishes. On April 8, 1747, the precinct voted to complete construction on a meeting house which was finally completed in 1748. In 1792, the second meetinghouse was completed after the first had been condemned a year earlier. The church officially became known as the First Congregational Church of Harwich when the church became incorporated in 1898 at the...
Overview The First Congregational Church of Middleboro was first organized on December 26, 1694 and Samuel Fuller was ordained as the first minister. The First meeting house had been constructed previously in 1680 and the second was constructed in 1701. Ecclesiastical differences between competing factions resulted in the congregation splitting and the third meeting house being constructed in 1745. The congregation remerged in 1754. The fourth and present meeting house was built in 1828. The...
Abstract The First Congregational Church of Oxford (MA) was established in the house of Rev. John Campbell on January 18, 1721 and construction of the first meetinghouse followed. The second meetinghouse was completed in 1748. The church split in 1813 with some members forming a Universalist church in the South Meetinghouse. The Third and final meetinghouse was constructed in 1829. The church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and continues to serve the local community today. This collection...
Collection — Box: 3
- Subject: Creeds X
- Church of Christ (Harwich, Mass.) 1
- Conant, Sylvanus, 1720-1777 1
- Congregational Church (Whately, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Ashburnham, N.H.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Harwich, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Middleboro, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Plympton, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church of Oxford (Oxford, Mass.) 1
- Harwich (Mass.) 1
- Middleboro (Mass.) 1
- Oxford (Mass.) 1
- Parker, Leonard Stickney 1
- Peck, Whitman 1
- Strict Congregational Church (North Stonington, Conn.) 1
- Thatcher, Peter, Jr., 1688-1744 1
- Washburn, Geroge Y. 1 ∧ less