Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Congregational Superintendents' Council was an annual multi-day mid-winter assembly of state superintendents from the National Council of the Congregational Churches of the United States. After the formation of the General Council of the Congregational and Christian Churches of the United States in 1931, the Congregational Superintendents' Council continued beneath that organization. In 1942 the name of the conference changed to the Conference of Superintendents. The activities of the...
Overview The Massachusetts Conference, United Church of Christ, began as a series of independent regional ministers’ associations. Originally these groups met to discuss matters of theology. This record group is comprised of collections that had been seprately organized and described within the Congregational Library & Archives and now is an intentional collection that fall under the umbrella of the Massachusetts Conference.
Abstract The Massachusetts Convention of Congregational Ministers began between 1692-94 when ministers in Massachusetts Bay met to consider contemporary issues facing their parishes. By the middle of the 20th-century, the convention became a center of religious dialogue for Massachusetts Congregational minister. The records contain meeting minutes, correspondence, reports, financial statements, photographs, and publications.
- Subject: Conference proceedings X
- Congregational Charitable Society 1
- General Council of the Congregational Christian Churches of the United States. Superintendents' Conference 1
- General Council of the Congregational and Christian Churches of the United States. Superintendents' Conference 1
- Hale, Edward Everett, 1822-1909 1
- Massachusetts Convention of Congregational Ministers 1