Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8

Chicago Area Project records, 1932-1937.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5338
Overview The Chicago Area Project (CAP) was founded in the 1930's by Clifford Shaw, a University of Chicago sociologist, who believed every neighborhood could reduce juvenile delinquency by improving community life. This collection contains the records from the first decade of CAP's operation and includes financial records, field reports, and correspondence.

Chicago, Ill. Bethlehem Community Center records, 1944-1948.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5340
Overview The Bethlehem Community Center was an important resource for the surrounding community. The collection contains meeting minutes and newsletters.

Chicago, Ill. Washington Park Congregational Church records, 1889-1927, 1948.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5226
Overview The Washington Park Congregational Church was gathered in 1891 and remained open until 1927. It was located on South Michigan Ave in the Washington Park area of Chicago. The records in this collection gather together administrative and organizational records, ministerial and church correspondence, and the church's vital records.

Dorchester, Boston, Mass. Second Church records, 1770-1991.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0069
Overview The Second Church in Dorchester was first organized on January 1, 1808 by 64 members of First Church. The first official pastor for the newly formed Second Church was Dr. John Codman. Codman was a member of an influential family and graduated from Harvard. His pastorate continues to be the longest for the church and during this time was regularly visited by Daniel Webster and (on occasion) John Adams. The last pastor of Second Church in Dorchester was Reverend Donald P. Brickley. He facilitated...

Lincoln, R.I. Sayles Memorial Church records, 1860-2012.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5381
Overview William Francis Sayles gathered together 36 residents of Moshassuck (later Saylesville) in June 1860. At first they organized the Friends' District Union Sabbath School, which would be become Sayles Memorial Church. Mr. Sayles had originally opened the school for his employees' children but in 1873 decided to build Sayles Memorial Chapel. The building was partially a memorial to both his and his brother's dead children. The church remained a part of the Sayles estate until the 1950s. In 1954...

Minister's Club records, 1870-1976.

 Series
Identifier: RG5375
Overview The Minister's Club, founded in 1870 was a club with a similar objective. A member later likened it to the English "Metaphysical Society" though it was more long lived. Meeting format consisted of read essays and discussion and the location of meetings were often hosted by members at their own residences. This collection contains meeting minutes, a historical sketch and various articles related to the Minister's Club.

Pilgrim Club records, 1906-1955.

 Series
Identifier: RG5376
Overview The Pilgrim Club was a dining club, composed again mainly of clergy. It was founded in 1906 in the Boston area. This collection contains meeting minutes, membership and notes.