Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Stearns Chapel was erected in 1863 and was located on Harvard Street, near Windsor; it was designed primarily as a Mission Sabbath School and operated for a number of years by the First and Second Congregational, Baptist and Methodist churches. The name was changed to Pilgrim Congregational Church of Cambridgeport in 1871. The collection includes church records, financial records, ministers’ records, membership records, auxiliary group records, historical information, orders of service and...
Abstract Fourth Congregational Church of Chicago traces its origins back to a Congregational Sunday school which started in 1867 and met in a blacksmith shop. From this Sunday school sprang three churches, Grace, Cortland Street, and Maplewood. These three churches merged in 1916 and took the name Fourth Church. The records include finances, youth education and outreach, membership records, correspondence, reports, and church newsletters.
Overview The Washington Park Congregational Church was gathered in 1891 and remained open until 1927. It was located on South Michigan Ave in the Washington Park area of Chicago. The records in this collection gather together administrative and organizational records, ministerial and church correspondence, and the church's vital records.
Overview The Congregational Home Missionary Society provided financial assistance for congregations that were unable to support their own minister and was responsible for the missionary activities in states west of the Mississippi, the southern Ohio River region, Black churches in northern cities, and foreign-speaking churches. The CHMS came out of the American Home Missionary Society, which was a multi-denominational organization started in 1826 to assist congregations that are unable to support the...
Overview Griggsville Congregational Church was originally formed in 1834. In 1837 they merged with the Griggsville Union Church, retaining the Griggsville Congregational Church name. The combined church remained in operation until it officially closed in 1948. This collection contains information related to the Griggsville Congregational Church. Included is meeting minutes from organizations like the Ladies Benevolent Society, Cree Missionary Society, Congregational Society, Young People’s Society of...
Collection — Box: 6
Overview The Armenian Martyrs' Congregational Church, established in 1920. Materials in this collection regard a building project at the church funded by the United Church Board for Homeland Ministries, division of Church Extension.
Abstract Ipswich, Massachusetts, first known as Agawam, was settled by John Winthrop in 1633 and was incorporated the following year. The First Church in Ipswich was gathered on August 5, 1634, and the first meeting house was constructed the same year. Construction on the second meeting house was completed in 1647. In 1699 the third meeting house of the First Church was built on the north green. Members left to form new churches in 1681, 1714, 1747, and 1749. In 1749 the...
Overview The church opened its doors officially in 1861 and continued to operate until at least 1901. Currently, no records are available which indicate the official date the church closed. Contains memos, letters, meeting minutes and insurance papers for the First Church of Monee.
- Subject: Church correspondence X
- Chicago (Ill.) 2
- Allingham, Robert 1
- American Home Missionary Society 1
- Barnes, William D. 1
- Cambridge (Mass.) 1
- Congregational Home Missionary Society 1
- Cortland Street Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Cutler, David. 1
- First Church (Ipswich, Mass.) 1
- First Congregational Church of Monee (Monee, Ill.) 1
- First Congregational Society (New Bedford, Mass.) 1
- Fourth Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Grace Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Griggsville (Ill.) 1
- Griggsville Congregational Church (Griggsville, Ill.) 1
- Ipswich (Mass.) 1
- Kenngott, George F. 1
- Kimball, David T. (David Tenney), 1782-1860 1
- Maplewood Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Minchin, William J. 1
- Monee (Ill.) 1
- Northern Associated Presbytery 1
- Pilgrim Congregational Church of Cambridgeport (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Rawson, Barnabas. 1
- Rawson, Mary. 1
- Second Church of Christ (Mendon, Mass.) 1
- Second Church of Mendon (Mendon, Mass.) 1
- Stearns Chapel (Cambridge, Mass.) 1
- Sullens, Arthur J. 1
- Tenney, Isaac. 1
- Walker, James F. (James Freeman), 1868-1952 1
- Washington Park Congregational Church (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Wilcox, Fred M. 1
- Wilson, Lawrence A. 1 ∧ less