Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13

Boston, Mass. Park Street Church records, 1804-1976, 2009

 Collection
Identifier: RG1284
Overview The beginnings of Park Street Church date to 1804 when a "Religious Improvement Society" began holding weekly lectures and prayer meetings in Boston. Collection includes vital statistics, church records, Park Street Society and financial records, voluntary organizations, historical materials, Shawmut Church records.

Georgetown, Mass. First Congregational Church records, 1731-1866.

 Collection
Identifier: RG4967
Overview The First Congregational Church in Georgetown was originally established in 1731 as Rowley West Parish. When the town of Georgetown was incorporated in 1838, the Rowley West Parish was renamed to the First Congregational Church of Georgetown. The collection includes meeting minutes, financial records and valuable vital records.

Marblehead, Mass. Third Congregational Church records, 1858-1876.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5053
Overview The Third Congregational Church of Marblehead, also known as the South Church, was established in 1858 by 49 former members of the First Congregational Church in Marblehead. In 1860, the South Church building was dedicated and in 1864, the first minister of the Third Church, Rev. T. D. P. Stone, was installed. The church remained active until 1877 when a fire completely destroyed the church building. Included in the records are meeting minutes, copies of official communications, financial...

Medford, Mass. Congregational Church of West Medford records, 1872-2014.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5215
Abstract This collection includes material from the West Medford and Union Congregational Churches. Types of material include annual reports; committee minutes; membership; ministers; building; church histories; social groups; Sunday school; photographs; newspaper clippings; newsletters; and Sunday bulletins.

Merrimac, Mass. Pilgrim Congregational Church records, 1725-1900.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0123
Abstract Parish organized in 1725; church founded in 1726 as Second Church of Christ in Amesbury, Mass. Merrimac separated from Amesbury in 1876 and in 1879 the church became the First Congregational Church, popularly known as Pilgrim Congregational Church. In 1879 the First Orthodox Congregational Society was incorporated, replacing the earlier West Parish Congregational Society. The First Orthodox Congregational Church of Merrimac was incorporated in 1894 and the First Orthodox Congregational Society...

Reading, Mass. Second Church of Christ records, 1720-1806.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5021
Overview The Second Church of Christ in Reading was gathered on June 29, 1720 with 39 founding members. The first pastor was Rev. Daniel Putnam who served until his death on June 20, 1759. He was followed by Rev. Eliab Stone who became the pastor in 1761 and also served until his death in 1822. Religious disagreements led to a split during the 1830s and in 1892 the Congregationalists and Methodists merged to form the Union Congregational Church of North Reading, which continues to serve the community...

Filtered By

  • Subject: Baptism X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Names
Adam (Biblical figure) 1
Aiken, Silas 1
Amesbury (Mass.) 1
Beecher, Edward 1
Braman, Isaac, 1770-1858 1