Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Arlington, Mass. Pleasant Street Congregational Church records, 1842-2010.

 Collection
Identifier: RG4962
Overview Pleasant Street Congregational Church was organized in December 1842, as the Orthodox Congregational Church of West Cambridge. Many of the original members of the Orthodox Congregational Church had been members of the First Congregational Church in Arlington but left when the church turned Unitarian in 1828. Between 1940 and 1953, Orthodox Congregational Church was renamed Pleasant Street Congregational Church. The church would officially close its doors in early 2011. This collection contains...

Cambridge, Mass. Second Church covenant, 1739.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0833
Overview In 1725, citing the long distance required to attend worship services, a group of parishioners from the First Church of Christ in Cambridge requested that a precinct be formed in Menotomy village, now Arlington. This request was granted in 1732 and the Second Church of Cambridge was formaly gathered in 1739. This collection contains the original covenant of the Second Church in Cambridge. which was created during the formation of the church.

Filtered By

  • Names: Arlington (Mass.) X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Church architecture -- Designs and plans. 1
Church bells. 1
Church finance. 1
Church membership. 1
Installation (clergy). 1