Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Stoneham, Mass. First Congregational Church records, 1728-1889.

Identifier: RG5190
Abstract The town of Stoneham was incorporated in 1725. A vote in 1726 provided for the building of a meetinghouse and the First Congregational Church was organized in 1729. The first pastor was Rev. James Osgood who was ordained in September 1729. Rev. John Cleaveland was pastor from 1785 until an ecclesiastical council dissolved his relationship with the town in 1894. The second meeting house was constructed in 1803 and the third in 1840. This collection contains the early records the Church. Included...
Dates: 1728-1889

Filtered By

  • Subject: Account books X
  • Names: First Congregational Church (Stoneham, Mass.) X