Barnard, Edward, 1720-1774
- Existence: 1720 June 15 (date of birth)
- Existence: 1774 January 26 (date of death)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Haverhill was first settled by Puritans in 1640. Rev. John Ward was officially installed as the pastor of the First Parish in 1645 and the first meeting house was constructed in 1648. The second meeting house was completed in 1699 and the third was completed in 1766. In 1833 the First Parish became Unitarian and the Congregationalist dissenters formed the Independent Congregational Church and Society which was later renamed to the Centre Congregational Church and Society. In 1859 a large group...