- Existence: 1668 (date of establishment)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Parish organized in 1725; church founded in 1726 as Second Church of Christ in Amesbury, Mass. Merrimac separated from Amesbury in 1876 and in 1879 the church became the First Congregational Church, popularly known as Pilgrim Congregational Church. In 1879 the First Orthodox Congregational Society was incorporated, replacing the earlier West Parish Congregational Society. The First Orthodox Congregational Church of Merrimac was incorporated in 1894 and the First Orthodox Congregational Society...